ABOUT NJADP MEMBERSHIP
What are the benefits of becoming a member of NJADP?
Our members are the backbone of NJADP, so accordingly NJADP members can expect:
- Information by e-mail approximately once per month, including timely announcements about upcoming events, legislative action, and other important developments.
- Postal mailings packed with information about NJADP events and the status of New Jersey's death penalty
- Access to many wonderful speakers for presentations to local churches or civic groups. Speakers are available at no cost but donations are gratefully accepted. For a list of NJADP speakers, click here.
- Literature for distribution at meetings and events.
- Access to research via NJADP's web site and office library and video collection.
- Guidance and support for grassroots activities that support abolition of capital punishment in New Jersey. Whether writing a Letter to the Editor, a letter to a legislator, or an article for your community newsletter, NJADP staff and volunteers are happy to help whenever we can.
General membership meetings are held twice a year to discuss important matters and to hear member feedback, explore volunteer opportunities, and answer questions.
What does NJADP expect of members?
NJADP members are expected to actively support the campaign through volunteer time, financial contributions, and/or civic action, such as calling your State legislators. NJADP members are encouraged to organize educational events. For more information on booking a speaker for your group, contact the NJADP office at 609-278-6719.